It’s that time again—New York Comic Con is back! East Coast’s largest pop culture convention is taking over Gotham City from Oct 6th to Oct 9th and will be filled once again with exciting announcements, cosplay, guest panels and so much more from your favorite franchises across anime, gaming, film, TV and comics.
Something you can expect to see during NYCC this year in the world of premieres is the new Super Mario movie trailer premiere, starring Chris Pratt. And, Nintendo just posted yet another teaser around the trailer drop:
Tune in at 1:05 p.m. PT on 10/6 for a #NintendoDirect: The Super Mario Bros. Movie presentation introducing the world premiere trailer for the upcoming film (no game information will be featured).
📽️: https://t.co/I868SmSpV2 pic.twitter.com/hqlO0SfLbe
— Nintendo of America (@NintendoAmerica) October 4, 2022
Twitter (below), the first teaser trailer for the film will likely premiere at the convention.
Originally announced back in 2018, Super Mario: The Movie is being produced by Nintendo and Illumination. The film would resurface again during the September 2021 Nintendo Direct, where Mario creator Shigeru Miyamoto announced the film’s cast.
When Does The Super Mario Bros. Trailer Drop?
It will be shown on October 6 at 1pm Pacific / 4pm Eastern / 9pm UK.
For those attending NYCC in person, the convention’s official website notes that the trailer will be shown at the Empire Stage.
IGN’s NVC Podcast will be hosting a live celebration of Super Mario during this time and we will be reacting to the trailer when it’s made available, so stay right here!
IGN’s NVC Podcast’s Live Celebration of Super Mario at NYCC 2022
We’ll be hosting a livestream here and across our many channels on platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and more. Here’s the full list of places you can watch:
Catch Up On Super Mario Movie News
The film was originally set to release in December 2022. However, Universal Pictures announced earlier this year that the film’s release date had been pushed back to April 7, 2023 in North America.
- Chris Pratt as Mario
- Anya Taylor-Joy as Peach
- Charlie Day as Luigi
- Jack Black as Bowser
- Keegan-Michael Key as Toad
- Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong
- Kevin Michael Richardson as Kamek
- Fred Armisen as Cranky Kong
- Sebastian Maniscalco as Foreman Spike
Charles Martinet will also have a series of featured cameos in the movie, known for his longtime voice acting of both Mario and Luigi in the Super Mario video game series since 1992!
Mario Movie – The Cast So Far
- Is “The Morton Jankel Cut” any better than the 1993 theatrical version? Find out in our Super Mario Bros.The Movie Extended Edition Review.
- While you wait for the new Mario movie release, check out our list of upcoming video game movies.
- Who will be at NYCC 2022? You can see the entire guest list here. Some of the biggest names in the biz confirmed to be guests of honor include:
- Oscar Isaac (Moon Knight)
- Cassandra Peterson (Elvira Mistress of the Dark)
- Brendan Fraser (Doom Patrol)
- Christopher Lloyd (Back to the Future)
- Michael J. Fox (Back to the Future)
- Sebastian Stan (Infinity War & Endgame)
- Leigh Bardugo (Demon in the Wood, Shadow and Bone)
Taylor is the Associate Tech Editor at IGN. You can follow her on Twitter @TayNixster.